Here’s what I listened to the most this summer aka my Summer Playlist, 2018 edition (and an extra Pool Special Playlist at the end):
1. Sabrina Claudio – Confidently lost
2. Maroon 5- Girl like you
3. The Carters- Summer
4. Jorja Smith- Blue Lights
5. Childish Gambino – Feels Like Summer
6. Rudimental & Major Lazer fest Anne Marie- Live my life
7. Warpaint- Whiteout
8. Ariana Grande- God is a woman
9. Miguel- Porcelain (RHCP cover)
10. Lucero- Long Way Back Home
Random thoughts on the playlist:
- The Sabrina Claudio song is an oldie for me; I’ve had it in my Apple playlists for a while now, and I still listen to it from time to time. It’s my perfect night song. It’s chill and sexy and lazy.
- Maroon 5 does it again. Their songs are so catchy and “Girl like you” is no different, especially since it’s about how amazing his woman is (I don’t disagree, Behati Prislo seems likes a very cool chick). Me, personally, I could go without the Cardi B part, but I don’t mind it overall.
- Out of the new Carters songs, I really liked “Summer”, and that’s because it sounds like a Beyonce song and it’s perfect for summer nights.
- A work friend recommended “Blue Lights” to me in June. One of the reason it is so cool and special is its main sample, which has a 80s vibe. It works really good with her soulful voice, and overall, it sounds amazing.
- Childish Gambino released the perfect summer song. Nothing more to say 🙂
- One of my favorite trifectas ever: Rudimental + Major Lazer + Anne Marie. I love them all separately, so obviously their collaborations was on fire!
- I’m not a Warpaint fan, but this song stuck to me this summer. I don’t know why! Maybe because I work well to it in the background ?!
- Ariana Grande is too pop most of the times, but I really dig some of her songs (Side to side, Love me harder, for example). “God is a woman” was added to the list this summer!
- A Red Hot Chili Peppers song covered in a RnB way? YAS (*insert heart eyes emoji*). Miguel made “Porcelain” sound so good
- Now, Lucero is a bit of a stretch, especially for my taste (not really a country girl). But I discovered this song when news of a Jeff Nichols short film starring Garrett Hedlund, Scoot McNairy and Michael Shannon popped up in my Facebook feed. I love all three of them, and after I listened to the song, I was converted. Check out the short film in the link above!
What was your 2018 Summer Song?
Extra Playlist for those who actually scrolled down 😀 just kidding, for all. Here is my Pool Special Playlist that I made on my Apple Music account before going on holiday at a beach side resort:
1. Childish Gambino- Feels like summer
2. MGMT- Electric Feel
3. Tame Impala- Feels like we only go backwards
4. Major Lazer- Get free
5. Childish Gambino- Redbone
6. Justin Timberlake- Tunnel Vision
7. Masego & FKJ- Tadow
8. Lana del Rey- Blue Jeans
9. Kanye West- Fade
10. Major Lazer- Light it up
11. Zayn ft Partynextdoor- Still got time
So, which one of the above is your favorite? What did you listened to this summer? Let me know in the comments!
p.s. Wanna know what I planned to read this summer? The key word is planned 😀